Almost every woman dread stretch marks because of its ugly looks on the skin which gives a feeling of insecurity. But whether you dread it or not, stretch marks will appear in you body when due. But there are ways in which you can actually prevent this stretch marks from appearing or become lesser especially during pregnancy.
Most pregnant women have stretch marks after putting to bed, this is because their body loosens and expands during pregnancy. So it is left for you to work on yourself in order to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
Below are some of the home remedies you can do to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Coconut Oil : Coconut oil when applied to the skin will help increase the elasticity of the skin which goes a long way to prevent stretch during pregnancy. Coconut oil is recommended because of its ability to nourish the skin for centuries. Simply apply a generous amount of coconut oil on your skin after a bath for best results. Allow to dry before slipping into your clothes.
2. Drink Water: Drinking lots of water will keep your skin hydrated. During pregnancy, you will need a lot of water to keep your skin hydrated and build a water sac for your baby. It is recommended you drink 8 – 12 glasses of water a day. If you feel any signs of dehydration, don’t hesitate to take as much water as you can.
3. Vitamin C: Vitamin C is very active in reducing free radical damage in the skin. These free radicals consume collagen and elastin meant for the skin. It is advisable to get vitamin c from natural food products instead of supplements.
4. Shea Butter or Coco Butter: These two are excellent in keeping the skin hydrated and moist. Cocoa butter is gotten from the seeds of coco bean while shea butter is gotten from the nut of the Karite tree. Apply a generous amount on your tummy and hips after each bath.
5. Do not scratch your tummy: No matter how itchy you tummy may be, don’t attempt to scratch it, instead rub your hands on it and you will be relieved. Do not scratch stretch marks prone areas such as armpit area and hips. This is a proven method that has worked for many and will work for you.
PS: You can use a combination of any of the products mentioned below but never forget the last one. And let me know how it went after you put to bed.
Have you used any of the above to prevent stretch marks in the past or currently, let me know which works best for you in the comment box below.